In conjunction with Action Snow Sports we offer Ski Improvement Clinics dedicated to helping YOU master the art of skiing all terrain. Our clinics are based in Madarao Ski Resort, Japan and offer enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to improve skills, whilst enjoying the Japan Snow Holiday of a lifetime. Our team of instructors train you to build the individuals skills and confidence to enable you to ski more challenging terrain and most importantly, learn the secrets of skiing the amazing Japan “POWDER”. Learn how the experts do it.
Connected at the top of Mt Madarao which forms part of the wider Myoko Kogen area and are accessible in just 2.5 hours by train from Tokyo.
Madarao is a distinctive bowl shaped resort with 16 lifts and 22 runs. With most runs remaining ungroomed and boasting an impressive 14 metre average annual snowfall, Madarao is a haven for powder fanatics. Being the first resort in Japan to run a freestyle skiing competition and remaining one of the few resorts in Japan to allow off-piste riding, Madarao has particular appeal for the young and fearless. It offers a range of terrain options including bumps, tree runs, a freeride park and the new ‘Ninja run’ – a ski jump over a fallen tree incorporated into the run. Madarao also has decent side-country and backcountry terrain if you’re keen to explore.
You can choose from the two resort Hotels or a western managed ski lodge. All the accommodation is just 500 meters apart from each other providing true ski in ski out accommodation.
7 night clinics run from 02nd January 2017 through until the end of March 2017. Wednesday to Wednesday.
from $3082.00 pp
Inclusions - 7 nights twin share accommodation - breakfast daily - 5 days Madarao lift pass - 5 days x 6 hours ski coaching
* prices correct 23MAY16
ITINERARY - 7 nights
- Day 1 Settle in – Arrive into the resort and transfer to your accommodation to get settled in. We’ll meet at a pre-determined venue to enjoy some Après drinks before the Welcome Dinner. There you’ll get to know your coaches and fellow skiers who are joining you for the week.
- Day 2 – Foundation Skills – On your first day on snow you’ll have the opportunity to get your legs in as we assign you to your group. Then you’ll be straight into foundation skill development with your coach identifying key skills to focus on, throughout the day you’ll also get to know the resort. An amazing amount of skiers move through to the intermediate level without really understanding basic biomechanics of skiing. These movements and skills are necessary to achieve a strong foundation which will enable you to progress to more challenging terrain with dynamic technique. Today is all about strengthening and developing your foundation skills.
- Day 3 – Amp it up – Equipped with a better understanding of biomechanics, you’ll be working on bringing those new skills into your technique and blending them into strong, confident, controlled turns. To achieve new skills, the group is taken through a range of drills and exercises aimed at developing stronger leg turning & better balance. Depending on the group, short turns are often the focus for today’s skill development. By the end of the day, you are going to be amazed at how differently you are skiing already!
- Day 4 – Carve it up – Time to open up the throttle a little and get Carving! Depending on the skill level and confidence of the group you’ll be learning stronger edging skills, how to deal with greater forces using angulation and inclination, and the importance of upper and lower body separation for stable body positioning. Just how much speed we introduce will depend on the ability level of individuals.
- Day 5 – Free day – You’re probably feeling like you need a rest day or some time to practice on your own. You’ve worked very hard to get to this point in the clinic, so a free day is scheduled for you to do whatever you please.
- Day 6 – Bump it up – Take your skills into more challenging terrain. According to your ability level, you’ll have the opportunity to work on skiing steeper terrain and moguls. There’ll be opportunities to ski off piste, and you may have some time to yahoo through the tree’s and powder.
- Day 7 – Mix it up - Today is all about exploring the resort with your new skills and practicing them. Your coach will be working with you to tweak your development, giving you a bit of fine tuning here and there and reminding you of things you still need to keep in mind to make sure you get the fantastic results and breakthroughs you’ve been aiming for. Generally, you’ll be ripping it up using your new found skills and abilities, while focusing on your technique and overall development you’ll be having an amazing day with smiles all around!
MEET THE HEAD COACHES
Pete has been a passionate skier most of his life, and has been a Ski Instructor at both Perisher and Thredbo in the Australian Snowy Mountains for 14 snowy seasons. He is the founder of Action Snow Sports, having it’s debut in 2008, with it’s first skier improvement clinic held in Niseko. He has taught and guided in many European ski resorts. St Moritz and Verbier to Cortina & the Italian Dolomites, Chamonix, Courcheval, Morzine in France.
Peter is a highly qualified APSI Qualified Ski Instructor with Level 3 certification (Australian Professional Snowsports Instructors )
Nicky has been skiing and developing her teaching expertise for a decade. After falling in love with this dynamic sport in 2004 she travelled to many resorts in Canada to develop her skiing and teaching skills and in recent years has been immersed in the deep powder and rich cultural experiences of Japan, as an Action Snow Sports Performance Coach. In Australia she continues to work with Perisher Snowsports as an instructor.
Nicky is also a highly qualified APSI Qualified Ski Instructor with Level 3 certification (Australian Professional Snowsports Instructors )
Airfares are at an additional cost, please contact DEEP POWDER Snow Holidays at the time of booking your trip. DEEP POWDER Snow Holidays are a wholesale travel agent and have airfares contracts with major international airlines including QANTAS, CATHAY PACIFIC, JAPAN AIRLINES, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, All Nippon and China Airlines which means we can offer prices that are guaranteed to save you big $$$ on your air travel to and from Japan
HOW TO BOOK:
Please email your details by CLICKING HERE We will then call you to finalise the details. A $800 deposit is required per person once we have your spot confirmed. Balance is payable at 70 days prior to departing Australia.